What You Didn’t Learn in Law School with Krista Russell
In this episode of Cockpit Counsel, Tim Parilla is joined by Krista Russell, Deputy General Counsel at Airbus OneWeb Satellites and Adjunct Professor Of Law at the University of Miami School of Law. They discuss the significance of the business skills they didn’t learn in law school and why they are essential to their success in-house. Tune in for valuable insights on embracing authenticity while excelling as a business partner!
- How to shift your mindset from law expert to business advisor
- Best practices and questions to ask during negotiations
- The power of building a community on LinkedIn
- And more!
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:55 What is your preflight ritual?
- 02:11 Can you share a bit about your role at Airbus OneWeb Satellites?
- 03:56 How big is your legal team?
- 07:10 Tell us a little bit about your career path.
- 10:02 How did you become a professor at the University of Miami?
- 11:25 What are some of your key tips or favorite things to talk about as a professor?
- 23:50 Wellness in the workplace
- 26:43 Women in law
- 28:33 Work-life balance & non-traditional legal paths
- 36:19 What’s your hot take about working in-house?
- 37:06 What’s your number one wellness tip?
- 37:53 What is your number one conflict resolution strategy?