In this episode of Cockpit Counsel, Tim Parilla sits down with Deanna Sheridan, Vice President of Legal at 3STEP Sports, and Alex Praschma, Senior Corporate Counsel and Director of Safety at 3STEP Sports. They share their in-house experiences and discuss what it takes to effectively manage and operate a top-notch legal team. From getting comfortable with risk to relying on your teammates, this episode delivers insights you don’t want to miss. Buckle up!
- The importance of strong communication
- How to build trust with other functions
- Positioning legal as a problem-solver
- And more!
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:53 What is your preflight ritual?
- 01:53 Tell us a bit about your career paths
- 07:51 How has our prior experience in litigation impacted your in-house practice?
- 10:34 What has been the most challenging part about transitioning from law school to an in-house practice?
- 15:05 How are you thinking about growing the team at 3Step?
- 18:30 Are your stakeholders primarily the same? How do you divide responsibilities?
- 19:52 How did you begin to foster relationships across the organization when you first started?
- 21:25 How large is your legal team?
- 25:03 How are you thinking about growing the team?
- 26:40 What type of data and metrics do you track?
- 31:34 What were some of the challenges you faced while transitioning from a law firm to in-house?
- 35:12 What are some of the challenges with taking a position?
- 46:01 What is one hot take that you have about working in-house?
- 57:05 What metrics do you track to measure productivity and effectiveness on your team?