In this episode of Cockpit Counsel, Tim Parilla sits down with Ellen Zavian, GC at USA Lacrosse. Ellen takes us on a journey through her remarkable career. From being the first female NFL agent to her pivotal role in bringing break dancing to the Paris 2024 Olympics/2018 Youth Olympics to working in-house at USA Lacrosse. Get ready to be inspired!
- The importance of fairness and fighting for the underdog
- Transitioning in-house with a business background
- How to build trust through listening and answering questions
- And more!
- 00:44 What is your pre-flight ritual?
- 04:13 Ellen’s career path
- 10:41 How did you begin your career in player agency?
- 15:30 How did your business school education and background help you transition into your career as a lawyer and entrepreneur?
- 20:51 Can you share a bit about your experience as a professor and a content creator?
- 23:40 What does a typical day look like for you? Do you have any time management tips?
- 25:10 How do you think technology is changing the role of legal professionals?
- 26:41 What is the number one thing that you look for when hiring somebody?
- 29:12 A final tip for those looking to transition in-house