Taking Your Business to New Heights with Legal Ops
Legal operations is a relatively new field, and best practices are far from one-size-fits-all. In this episode of Cockpit Counsel, Tim sits down with two trailblazing legal operations pros, Dee Venello, Legal Operations Manager at Commvault, and Vanessa Saffold, Manager, Global Legal Operations at LiveRamp, to discuss how this highly efficient team has changed the game at their organizations.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:50 What is your preflight ritual?
- 02:14 Tell us a bit about your career path
- 05:06 Can you describe the role and/or function of legal operations within an organization?
- 07:09 When beginning at a new company, who is the first person you reach out to begin building a relationship?
- 09:26 What are some of the challenges you’ve experienced while building relationships within the organization?
- 13:16 How large is your legal operations team? What does the structure look like?
- 15:13 What has the process been like onboarding new team members?
- 17:03 Tell me a little bit about building relationships with the attorneys on your team?
- 19:56 What type of metrics do you track?
- 23:20 What is your brand as a legal operations leader?
- 24:38 How important is the technology to you?
- 34:14 What technology do you wish existed that doesn’t already exist?
- 35:14 How do you manage expectations with other teams?
- 37:23 What do you think the number one quality is that leaders should look for int heir first legal operations hire?
- 40:39 What is your favorite feature in LinkSquares?