Legal Career Lessons with Ari Buchler
Are you looking for sound (and inspiring) career advice? You’ve come to the right place. In this episode of Cockpit Counsel, Ari Buchler will share the pivotal lessons learned in his career - including an impressive succession of GC roles. But that’s just the start. He’s also an advisor, investor, and business leader.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:53 What is your preflight ritual?
- 01:02 Tell us a bit about your career path
- 01:52 Can you share about your transition into your first in-house legal role?
- 05:34 How long were you at that company? How did you grow from there?
- 08:55 What was your approach to growing your team?
- 16:25 How did you go about transitioning out of your role as a GC and taking on more facets of the organization?
- 20:05 As you enter the next phase of your career, what advice do you have for those who are interested in embracing the business side of their role?
- 24:42 When hiring new members of the legal team, do you struggle to immediately trust their skills and knowledge?
- 30:35 Being an early investor in LinkSquares, how did you get involved?
- 34:22 How has your legal career helped you transition into the investment space?
- 37:24 What is the best career advice you’ve received?