When oxygen masks drop on an airplane, you’re instructed to put yours on before helping the person next to you. When stress levels are high and burnout is looming, you need the skills to help yourself and your legal team.
In this episode of Cockpit Counsel, CLO Tim Parilla will be joined by Stacey Shaw, Wellness Advocate and Associate GC at Likewize. Together, they will walk you through tactics for supporting and strengthening your team’s mental health.
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:51 What is your preflight ritual?
- 01:48 Career path
- 03:04 What is your main area of focus in your legal practice?
- 03:49 How did you get into the legal operations portion of your career? How has that changed the way that you think as an associate GC?
- 05:41 How do you think about mental health as a legal professional?
- 08:58 How have you seen the attendance of your wellness workshops shift over the past couple of years?
- 10:49 Can you walk us through the eight pillars of wellness?
- 14:05 How do you incorporate your mental health practice into operating within your legal team?
- 20:26 What are some easy things that you can do to relieve stress?
- 23:22 What are some of the goals and priorities of the Vaccine Global Wellness Committee over the next twelve months?
- 24:50 Are there any upcoming events that you’d recommend we attend to address wellbeing?
- 25:41 What is the number one thing to do as a new manager to help your legal team deal with stress management?
- 27:19 What is one main takeaway from the mindfulness courses that have shifted the way you operate?