How Legal & Finance Teams Can Soar Higher Together
Legal and finance teams have more in common than it seems. Whether they’re small or large, they are always mighty! Responsible for both daily tasks and strategic initiatives critical to keeping a company functional, the partnership between them is crucial - especially during times of economic uncertainty.
Join Tim Parilla, CLO at LinkSquares on this episode of Cockpit Counsel, as he chats with Eric Dutcher, CFO at MBO Partners. They delve into the various ways their teams can collaborate to find shared success. Don’t miss this opportunity to uncover insights on cross-team partnerships!
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:50 What is your preflight ritual?
- 02:58 How did you get into endurance racing?
- 03:26 Tell us a bit about your career path.
- 04:39 How did you begin to develop an analytical mindset?
- 06:37 How can the legal team and the finance team work best together?
- 08:27 How big is your legal team at your current organization?
- 08:59 How large is your current organization?
- 10:36 How have you thought about growth through your team?
- 12:42 How are you working with your legal team today? What are some things that you most commonly interact with them on?
- 14:42 When you’re in a meeting with senior leadership, what contributions are you looking for from lawyers?
- 16:58 From a CFO’s perspective, have you seen a change in the expectations of the CFO?
- 21:26 What's something you wished your legal counterparts understood about your role?
- 23:24 How are you thinking about the macro economic environment and how are you working with the legal team to best prepare for turbulent conditions?
- 26:38 How do you direct your team to support other functions of the business?
- 29:27 How do you build a strong relationship with the CFO as a new GC?
- 30:17 What is your leadership style? How do you motivate and develop your team?
- 31:16 How to get buy in on CLM from my CFO?