Getting Legal and Sales on the Same Page with Caroline McCarthy
Legal, sales, it’s time to align. It may seem like your teams have competing goal - but that’s not the whole picture. In this episode of Cockpit Counsel, Tim Parilla sits down with Caroline McCarthy, LinkSquares Director of Sales, to discuss the importance of sales/legal relationship.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:45 What is your preflight ritual?
- 01:14 Tell us a bit about your career path and what brought you to LinkSquares?
- 03:10 How has your role developed as the company has grown?
- 04:24 What’s your favorite part about developing and building teams?
- 06:08 What have you experienced as your sales and revenue teams have grown?
- 07:19 How have you successfully built relationships across the organization?
- 09:09 What does a successful relationship look like to you between the sales and legal team?
- 11:13 How has working for a legal tech company changed the type of relationship you maintain with the legal team in comparison to prior experiences?
- 15:00 Can you speak about your experience as a woman working in a male-dominated field?
- 21:23 What tip would you give to lawyers on how to communicate with ales more effectively?
- 25:18 How would you describe your personal brand within the organization?
- 26:56 How to refresh a strained relationship between legal and sales, any tips for managing expectations?
- 30:23 Do you see value in having legal participation in celebrations amongst the sales team? How does your team enjoy or benefit from these celebrations?