Join Tim Parilla and Lucy Bassli, Founder and Principal at InnoLaw Group, as they delve into the world of legal operations and CLM. As a corporate legal department consultant specializing in all things contracting, Lucy brings her expertise and personal insights on board. From advice on cultivating a legal operations mindset to insights on driving process change within the legal team, you don’t want to miss this lively and informative conversation!
- Legal operations is about more than technology
- How to evaluate contract processes and increase efficiency
- Advice for the CLM evaluation process
- And more!
- 00:00 Introduction
- 01:02 What is your preflight ritual?
- 01:41 Tell us a bit about your career path
- 05:21 What’s the first step towards establishing a legal operations mindset?
- 09:28 Learning how to be an in-house lawyer?
- 13:42 How can in-house legal teams evaluate their contract process and increase efficiency?
- 24:42 How do you think about advising legal teams that are struggling to change their process?
- 27:02 Is there a point where legal teams get to a certain size where you have to run it like a law firm?
- 34:41 CLM selection and implementation
- 40:02 What is your hot take about working in-house?
- 40:31 What is your number one tip for CLM evaluation process?
- 40:57 What is your advice on how to protect your time and productivity while working in-house?