Building a World-Class Legal Team
If you’ve ever felt intimidated by the thought of expanding your legal team or building the legal function from scratch, you’re not alone. It takes an intuitive touch and a lot of hard work.
Check out this episode of Cockpit Counsel featuring special guest Andrew Ting, CLO and Corporate Secretary at Panorama Education, and hear insights from two leaders who have been there and done that.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:45 What is your preflight ritual?
- 01:31 Describe your career path
- 04:33 How did the hypergrowth of your company impact the development of the legal team?
- 08:17 What advice would you give to a first time in-house attorney?
- 09:24 How did you manage your first 30, 60, 90 days as an in house attorney?
- 10:35 How has the role of the general counsel evolved throughout your career?
- 15:12 Did you experience any challenges developing the legal process in a hyper growth environment?
- 17:35 As a law professor, what classes do you teach?
- 20:56 How does teaching relate to building a growing legal team?
- 21:46 What advice do you have for a solo GC operating as a legal team of one?
- 22:27 What are some tactics that you have used to build relationships across the organization?
- 23:19 Do you have any mindset tips for a lawyer starting at their first time in house job?